Nicholas Company, Inc. and its affiliates, namely Nicholas Fund, Inc., Nicholas II, Inc., Nicholas Limited Edition, Inc. and Nicholas Equity Income Fund, Inc. respects each shareholders right to privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the information that you provide us to maintain and execute transactions on your behalf.
We collect the following non-public personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications, contracts or other forms, whether we receive the form in writing or electronically. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, tax identification number, date of birth, beneficiary information and investment selection.
- Information about your transactions with us and account history with us. This includes, but is not limited to, your account number, balances and cost basis information. This also includes transaction requests made through our transfer agent.
- Other general information that we may obtain about you such as demographic information.
WE DO NOT SELL ANY NON-PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
ABOUT CURRENT OR FORMER SHAREHOLDERS.
In order to better service your accounts, we may share your non-public personal information between the Nicholas Company, Inc. and its affiliates (as defined above). An example of when this information may be shared between the Nicholas Company, Inc. and its affiliates would be to combine mailings to one shareholder with accounts in more than one fund.
We may share, only as permitted by law, non-public personal information about you with third party companies. Listed below are some examples of third parties to whom we may disclose non-public personal information. While these examples do not cover every circumstance permitted by law, we hope they help you understand how your information may be shared.
We may share non-public personal information about you:
- With companies who work for us to service your accounts or to process transactions that you may request. This would include, but is not limited to, our transfer agent and/or your custodian and/or broker-dealer to process your transactions, mailing houses to send you required reports and correspondence regarding your account and our dividend disbursing agent to process dividend checks.
- With a party representing you, with your consent, such as your broker or lawyer.
- When required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process.
Nicholas Company, Inc. maintains policies and procedures to safeguard your non-public personal information. Access is restricted to employees who we determine need the information in order to perform their job duties. To guard your non-public personal information we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards.
We collect personal information on our website only when you voluntarily provide it to us.